Warp Drive

Thursday, February 2, 2006

My Ordeal with LucasArts

Okay, so, I was missing a handful of LucasArts games (not counting that Star Wars rubbish). Among them were The Curse of Monkey Island and Grim Fandango. These two particular games are important to my story, as they were the subject of numerous e-mails and phone calls to LucasArts over a period of one month.

On December 15th, I placed an order on LucasArts.com for The Curse of Monkey Island and Grim Fandango. The latter game had off and on been removed from the online store (only the powers that be knew why). I did not have a credit card to my name, so I sent a money order. A week went by, but I did not hear anything. Another week went by, but I still did not hear anything.

So, at that point, I wrote an e-mail to LucasArts.com support. I got no response. Yet another week went by, but I STILL did not hear anything. I wrote another e-mail, but no response. I decided it was time to make a few phone calls. As it turns out, 1-800-STAR-WARS puts you on hold indefinitely. So, I was at a dead end. I sent one more e-mail. This time, I did get a response, and they said that they had never received my money order.

I proceeded to check with the bank, and to my surprise, the money order had been cashed on December 22nd. Was LucasArts lying to me? I wrote another e-mail, and this time provided all of my personal information. As you may have suspected, another week went by, and I did not hear anything. It was now the middle of January. Finally, I did hear back from someone who knew what was going on. My order had finally been shipped. The representative apologized for the delay, but boy, was that some delay.

I received my packages a few days later, and to my surprise, there were two copies of The Curse of Monkey Island and one copy of Grim Fandango. Okay, that is the end of my story. You can stop reading now (assuming that you even read this far). Really, I've got work to do now.

No comments:

Post a Comment