Warp Drive

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Disneyland - Part 1

As a few of you know, I went to Disneyland yesterday, and it just so happened to be my birthday. It was quite an adventure, but I'll start with the boring shopping bits to add suspense.

Shopping

First off, at meelWORM's request, I took a look at those Disney/Star Wars crossover figurines. They were being sold in the Star Tours gift shop, which is located in the exit path of the Star Tours ride. Clever marketing, aye? They looked cute, but the price tag sure didn't.

It would seem that nearly everything at Disneyland is outrageously priced. While in Downtown Disney, which is just outside the main park, I found a fine leather hat with the Disneyland logo, and "Established in 1955" printed on it. It too was very pricey. Following that, I glimpsed a plain, generic hat that was priced even higher than the fine leather hat. Ripoff, I say.

As for what I did purchase, I picked up The Official Album of the Disneyland Resort. Disc 1 is entirely Disneyland Park music and vocals. Everything from Main Street USA to Fantasyland is included. There are 16 tracks on Disc 1. Half of Disc 2 is Disneyland Park, and the other half is California Adventure. The last item on Disc 2 is a compilation track for Disneyland Park, which features an assortment of musical scores. There are 19 tracks on Disc 2, and 35 tracks in grand total. I don't care for the California Adventure tracks, but at least I didn't pick up the Epcot album by mistake. Seriously, there was an Epcot album.

I almost bought the album entitled Walt Disney Takes You to Disneyland, which I didn't know much about while browsing the shops, but after educating myself online, I realized that it's actually a very historic album. It was first released in 1956 on record, and features Walt Disney himself as a guide to the park, as well as music not heard in decades.

Stay tuned for Part 2, which includes the rides, and some surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment