Warp Drive

Friday, August 1, 2008

Comic-Con Adventures - Episode 2

A Galaxy Far, Far Away


Peter Mayhew (the man that filled the role of Chewbacca in the Star Wars films)

One of the first places that we stopped by after leaving the Telltale Games booth was LucasArts. While there, we talked to a PR guy, who told us that LucasArts is looking into bringing back some of their back catalog of original game IPs. He didn't specify exactly which ones, but we did bring up the subject of Monkey Island to him. We suggested that they license the rights to Telltale Games. Surprisingly, he didn't seem to dislike this thought completely. He simply said that LucasArts "wouldn't be entirely opposed to the idea." Who knows, maybe something will develop there eventually.


The LucasArts booth.

By now, I was running on fumes. So, I stopped by a Mrs. Fields stand, and bought a single cookie and a coke. I would have bought two, but they were rather expensive. I couldn't find a place to sit down, so I just had to stand, and that reminds me of a good point to make. Unless you bring your own chair, don't expect to find an empty one waiting for you at Comic-Con. After I was done with my snack, I looked around for a moment before finding an open trash can.


Wait, that's not a trash can.

Toward the end of the day, we ran into Steve Purcell again. He was exploring the sights, sounds, and smells of the convention center himself. We took the opportunity to snap a few group photos on Allen's camera. After that, we parted ways with Steve Purcell, and began to make our way to the exit. Sometime later, we actually reached the exit. It felt good to finally be out of the sardine factory.


Allen and I, and the dreaded Dalek (photo courtesy of Allen's dad).

The day almost ended perfectly, but not quite. Somehow, I managed to board the wrong light rail, and ended up on the other side of town. Well, I wanted to see more of San Diego, anyway. I eventually found my way back to the train station, and caught a 6:20 PM train bound for Fullerton. All in all, it was a great day. I will definitely be going again next year.


More stuff from Comic-Con.

This concludes my Comic-Con 2008 coverage. See you at Comic-Con 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment