Warp Drive

Friday, February 22, 2013

Farewell, 1UP!

I am saddened to hear about the closure of 1UP, and seeing as everyone else is writing a farewell blog, I thought that I would do the same. I have been a 1UP member for so long, I do not recall exactly when I began, but it looks like I only started blogging there in 2006. For some of you, 2006 is probably still a very long time ago. One of the curses of getting older is that time seems to fly by faster. Oh, look, it has already been 30 minutes since I committed to writing this!



Throughout the course of this wild 1UP train ride, I met a number of wonderful people. Some of which I am still in contact with! 1UP.com was always my first stop for gaming news. The cover stories were always informative reads, and a blast to give feedback on. Most of all, I enjoyed seeing the positive feedback to many of my own blogs. It helped encourage me to continue writing.

Farewell, 1UP! I will be thinking of you every time I open my web browser for news... or gain an extra life in Super Mario Bros. Just for you, I am going to touch the very top of that flagpole!

No comments:

Post a Comment