Warp Drive

Friday, February 13, 2015

Gary Owens Signing Off

I had feared Gary Owens may not have much time left. I will always remember him best for his narration duty on Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers and Space Quest VI: The Spinal Frontier, but if only because that was where I first heard him. He had such a long list of TV and radio credits! And with a legendary voice like his, it is no wonder. He was reported to be the narrator of ‪‎SpaceVenture‬, but offhand, I do not recall if any recording took place (aside from an interview with Chris Pope). Those are mighty big shoes to fill! Rest in peace, Mr. Owens!

Gary Owens, Space Quest IV: "The powerful quad-quark drives rev to life. Time and space bend under the fibrillations of the time-rip transfluxers. Your adrenaline (and stomach) reel with the hyperbolic hyperbole. And finally, finally..." I hope something amazing happens!

Source: Variety.com

No comments:

Post a Comment