Warp Drive

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Nintendo with the Haleys U

With Wii U's release immanent  I thought that I would re-share my tribute to Nintendo, Nintendo with the Haleys. In the near future, I plan to write a proper retrospective blog about Nintendo, and what their games meant to me. I am also kicking around an idea for another video, Nintendoland with the Haleys, with the intention of focusing on my family's Mii characters and Wii gaming memories, and just as much as Nintendo with the Haleys was a look back at the early 8-bit era, Nintendoland with the Haleys would also be a look at the present era (and future). It is something that I am thinking about, anyway. In any case, I want to preserve as much of my dad as possible, and while the Mii/Wii memories are less interesting than other things, it is something that I would still like to do. With that said, onto the original post.

Nintendo is a company close to my heart. Growing up, Nintendo was always there. Their games helped me through some difficult times. For instance, the time in which I had to live away from home as a child, and more recently, the death of my father. Of course, Nintendo was always there through good times, as well. Memories of playing Super Mario Bros. with my kid brother fill my head with nostalgia, and instantly bring me back to a simpler time. Thanks for all the memories, Nintendo!

That is my opening message for Nintendo with the Haleys; yet another video in the montage series that I began with Merry Christmas from the Haleys in 2010. Perhaps I am having a little too much fun with this series at this point, but I always wanted to do a tribute to Nintendo, so here it is. There were a few more things that I would have liked to do (as is the case with every project that I work on), such as filming my brother finishing Super Mario Bros. 3 now to compliment the video in which he plays the first level of the game, and I would have liked to work on a more animated intro, too, but at some point, I just have to stop coming up with wild ideas, and move onto other projects. Enjoy!



Original Unaltered Home Movies:
Duck Hunt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzSi_BqnAro
Super Mario Bros. 3 1-1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI3wKWPIV74
Super Mario Bros. 3 1-7: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abacZqPt76U
Nintendo 64: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIxGX9r6w3Q

No comments:

Post a Comment