Warp Drive

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Comic-Con 2007 - Part 2

COMIC-CON 2007 - PART TWO
By Allen Barrett

In this continuation of last week's story of where I attended Comic-Con 2007, I will talk about the weird and wonderful other things that I saw at my local convention center.



After meeting Lord Maddox, I headed over to the Telltale Games booth. Mike Haley and meelWORM had been bugging me to take some pictures of the neat merchandise that they had so I went that extra mile and got one with the team, including that man among men: Dave Grossman. He used to work for LucasArts and brought us such classics as Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle. He was kind enough to sign my copy of DotT. He is awesome.

As you can see there's a bunch of neat stuff on the table, such as; Max and Crossbones gear, Bone comics and games, Sam and Max soundtracks, the demo PC of one of the episodes of Sam and Max (I believe it's Abe Lincoln Must Die!), Max campaign buttons and a very cool print of the Season One cover.

After meeting those awesome nerds I wandered around a bit to find Steve Purcell. Did I find him? No. What I found instead was a wealth of people who had contributed to my childhood entertainment. I'm talking of Doug Tennapel (creator of Earthworm Jim, the Neverhood and others) and Ben Edlund (Creator of the Tick). I also saw David Prowse, the guy who was in the Vader suit in Star Wars. Unfortunately the camera wasn't saving my pictures properly (Grr, argh) and you've already seen all of them.

So I found Steve Purcell after wandering around the con-center, (Right across the aisle from Doug Tennapel) and he was being filmed for the DVD extras for the new Sam and Max: Freelance Police cartoon DVD. He and I had an interesting conversation that included me blaming him for my madness. You'll probably see it on the DVD if they include it. He signed my copy of Hit the Road and a large 18x24 surreal print of Sam and Max I picked up from him. I don't remember much else about meeting him as I was kind of put off by the cameras and I was starstruck a bit.

After that I had lunch. A nice Greek salad and a coke.

Then I just wandered around a bit more to see what was there. I met Feedback from that show "So You Want to be a Superhero", some guy who was hawking Doctor Who stuff and some other mini-celebrities. Also some guy in a suit hit me with a giant club, a guy gave out free hugs and I saw a giant model of Lord Voldemort.

It was a fun day. I was only there for about 3 or 4 hours. The crowds were a bit mental, and I thought I was going to get crushed sometimes. I'd do it again though. See you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment